Dear Parents / Carers
I am writing as chair of the newly formed temporary governing body to introduce you to the governors and to update you on progress.
The temporary governing body was formed in April and is made up of members of the governing bodies of Angle, Stackpole and Orielton schools.
Our first job was to appoint a head teacher, we require a strong leader to bring vision and inspiration to the new school and we were extremely pleased to appoint Mr Clive Condon. Mr Condon will continue in his current post of Executive Head Teacher until the new school opens in September 2017.
The next challenge for the temporary governing body is to decide on a name for the new school. We strongly believe that the children's opinions should be sought first and therefore members of the temporary governing body are meeting with the three school councils to discuss their views on naming the new school. We will also be consulting with parents, carers and the local community.
The temporary governing body will meet again in June and once published, minutes of all our meetings are available in the school.
Please be assured that during this transition period all three schools will continue to operate as normal and all staff are working hard to maintain the high standards for which we are all proud.
Thank you most warmly for your continuing support and i look forward to a bright future for our new school and the communities that it will serve.
The members of the temporary governing body are as follows:
- Mr David Edwards, Additional Community Governor
- Mr John Allen-Mirehouse, Local Authority Governor
- Mrs Trina Bowen, Local Authority Governor
- Mr Gary Evans, Vice- Chair and Community Governor
- Mrs Ceri Hay, Staff Governor
- Mrs Sara Hirst, Foundation Governor
- Revd Geoffrey Howell, Foundation Governor
- Mrs Anita Howells, Foundation Governor
- Mrs Alison Kavannagh, Parent Governor
- Mr Rowland Lewis, Parent Governor
- Mrs Helen Rich, Local Authority Governor
- Mrs Jennie Robson, Chair and Parent Governor
- Mrs Anna Shiels, Teacher Governor
- Miss Mairead Walsh, Parent Governor
We also have two non-voting observers:
- Mrs Jenny Llewellyn
- Mrs Sandra Bryant
If you have any queries about the role of the temporary governing body I can be contacted via e mail at email@example.com
Chair of the Temporary Governing Body for the new school.