Dear Sir/ Madam
REVIEW OF EDUCATION PROVISION ON THE ANGLE PENINSULA
I write to inform you that Pembrokeshire County Council, at it's meeting of 10th March 2016, considered the following published proposal:
1. As from 31st August 2017, discontinue the following schools currently maintained by Pembrokeshire County Council:
- Angle Voluntary Controlled School,
- Orielton Community Primary School,
- Stackpole Church in Wales Voluntary Controlled School.
2. As from 1st September 2017, establish a new all through 3-11 school for boys and girls on a site adjacent to The Elms, Hundleton, SA71 5RD to be maintained by Pembrokeshire County Council. The language category of the school will be English Medium (EM).
The decision of Council was to approve the proposal as published.
Prior to reaching its decision, the County Council took account of the comments received as part of the statutory consultation, the objections received to the proposal and the proposers responses thereon.
The new school will address the key issues in the case for change, namely:
- To improve standards;
- To ensure more effective leadership by consolidating provision on one site which will result in better delivery of the curriculum which, in turn, will lead to better pupil outcomes.
- To provide purpose built specialist facilities which will be suitable for the 21st century and which will offer flexibility for the changing demands in teaching and learning;
- To improve cost efficiency in the running of education provision on the Angle peninsula, particularly with regard to the condition of the buildings and surplus places.
A temporary governing body for the new school will be appointed in due course so that the appropriate implementation arrangements can be made.
Director for Children and Schools