Dear Parents/ Guardians
The school eisteddfod was a big success on Tuesday 1st March. Our two judges this year, Mrs Sarah Thomas and Mr Chris Cousens carefully judged the children's handwriting, artwork, craft, poems and songs.
We had plenty of wonderful entries and the judges were all very impressed with the standards throughout the whole day. Thank you for the big effort helping children learn their poems and songs and also for your assistance with the homecraft.
There will be a winners celebration day on tomorrow, Friday 4th March at 9.20am in the school hall. Any parents or friends of the school are welcome to come and watch the children's performances. Children who had a first place in their song or poem recital as well as any instrumentalists will be performing in the winners celebrations. There will also be a chance to see homecraft entries of others.
Blue House won with 538 points (Red House 482 points).
Don't forget celebrations for World Book Day will be on Friday 4th March in Orielton School. Please winners and instrumentalists come dressed in WBD costumes rather than St. David's day costumes. For WBD the School Council are inviting children, if they wish, to come onto school dressed as either a character from Star Wars or any favourite book or comic. Activities are being organised for the two classes. World Book Day celebrates the joy and value of books and reading. To help get them started on their reading journey, every child receives a £1 World Book Day Book Token that can either be exchanged for a selection of special £1 World Book Day books or used to get 1 off any book costing £2.99 or more. You can find out more about the books at worldbookday.com/books and from the back of the token tomorrow.
Your child's token can be redeemed at most UK bookshops. Please help your child to use it on or after World Book Day by visiting your local bookshop (if you need help finding one, please visit booksellers.org.uk/bookshopsearch).
Class 2 have their trip to Castell Henllys on Monday 7th March. Please make sure your permission slip has been handed in along with any payment. It might be a rainy day so appropriate clothes/footwear is a must.
Dates for your diaries.
- Wednesday 9th March - Concert at Warren Church, 7pm, parents welcome
- Monday 14th March - Yr 6 pupils - Drug Awareness Talk at Angle Village Hall
- Wednesday 16th March - Pembroke School concert for Year 6 transition, parents welcome
- Friday 25th March - School closed - Good Friday Bank Holiday
- Tuesday 12th April -Back to School
- Monday 18th April - Urdd residential trip for Years 5 & 6
- Friday 22nd April - Welcome visit Year 6 Pembroke School library tour 9.30-11.45am
- Wednesday 27th April - Bluestone Photography - Class Photos
- Tuesday 3rd May - National Test Start
- Friday 27th May -INSET Day